Recently I had the opportunity to be part of Agencia EGO to start a big challenge: A full redesign of the online banking app and mobile app experience, crafted from scratch. After building a strong team we started planning a strong strategy and very well designed process.
Santander Río Bank it is one of the largest in Argentina, with more than 3 millions active clients and more than 300 locations and many awards as a digital innovator. They was facing a serious challenge when they realized that his most important plattform was relying on interfaces and patterns that was being rapidly phased out across his clients.
Collaborating with other teams at getting insight gave us the opportunity and flexibility to efficiently deliver the necessary improvements and most important changes.
The first stage was collect qualitative insight with a Design Thinking sprint, having an emphatic understanding of the problem with face-to-face interviews and surveys.
This stage help us to understand their clients, experiences, motivations and immersing into the situation. We raised questions to many users, and after a few weeks we discover that most pain-points are from the interface, but also show us about how some products are being understood and used.
After knowing business goals, KPIs, and features list, as well as the pains, passions, and needs of our customers (together with insights from other teams, and Agile’s user stories) we started a few workshops and create user journeys, personas, paper and mid-fidelity prototypes.
We did a very complex architecture design workshop for the navigation, using card sorting with several stakeholders and team meetings,
to help us out on the next phase which was design sprints, surveys, cardboards are more testings of the results of every sprint.
Successfully solve almost 100% of the user journeys in just four months and started another phase, that included usability tests, creation of huge amount of wireframes flows for every alternate case of all possible tasks inside the banking and app, UI shots, high fidelity prototypes, and many more definition practices.
The UI design and build phase was worked as team, with daily meetings and QA sessions, also the creation of a design guideline, a component library and accessibility rules was generated.
The current status of the project, and all this part will be released here in a short future.